If you are looking for a good book to provide an insight into the world of restaurants and cooking, then here are my top ten suggestions.
1.Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential
Hold tight for this journey into the dark underbelly of restaurant kitchens.
2. Alex Watts, Down and Out in Padstow and London
What happens when a journalist gets bored with churning out stories about celebs and decided he wants to be a chef?
3. Bill Burford, Heat
How about taking a year out and learning to cook like a professional?
4. Marco Pierre White, The Devil in the Kitchen
What drives a chef to want three Michelin stars?
5. Rick Stein, Under a Mackerel Sky
How does someone who ran a nightclub and drifted around Australia become one of the country’s most popular TV chefs?
6. Keith Floyd, Stirred but not Shaken
It all began in a Bristol bistro. The ups and many downs of a legend. Cheers, Floyd.
7. Anthony Bourdain, A Cook’s Tour
A chef goes off around the world seeking new food experiences
8. Michael Ruhlman, The Making of a Chef
A behind the scenes look at the Culinary Institute of America.
9. Joe Bastianich, Restaurant Man
Want to know how to run a good restaurant?
10. Pru Leith, Relish
The woman behind Leith’s School of Food and Wine